Create A 3-Minute Video As Follows
1. Sit in front of your laptop
2. Turn on the camera
3. Talk about the problems your best fit client faces for 1-2 minutes
4. Finish up with your name, who you are, and inviting viewers to reach out to explore how you can help them
5. Embed the video on your website home page and/or about page
6. No matter how few website visitors you have, they are now up to 65% more likely to reach out
This example script is to help you brainstorm on the types of things to say. Many therapists will do just fine – and be more authentic in their video – if they “freestyle” or just have a very loose idea of what to say. No actual scripting is needed or recommended here. Speak from the heart.
“Do you ever wonder where your identity is? Maybe you have a insane work schedule that is too much. Or perhaps you feel burdened with life’s demands. Or maybe there are just so many things to manage and all the things on your forever growing todo list seem to never get done. At the end of the day, you don’t have any energy left for anything else. You don’t feel like you’re even sure of who you are anymore and the motivation to do anything else that you’re doing is nonexistent.
I’m Kat Love and I’m a therapist and anxiety expert that helps people who feel worried and frazzled all the time feel less stressed. I offer online therapy to people in San Francisco and across the entire state of California. To explore how I can help, reach out today. I’m here to help.”
And That’s It
This one simple thing can mean the difference between a client reaching out or not. Video is powerful. And it doesn’t have to be something fancy, expensive, or time consuming to be super effective.
Make a video. Help more clients. You got this.